Part of Suzanne Collins’ inspiration for the Hunger Games was the myth of the Minotaur. Every year youth from Athens were put in the Minotaurs maze to be feasted upon until Theseus conqured the maze, killed the Minotaur and saved the others. To tackle the maze yourself, visit one of these local corn mazes. Request The Hunger Games questions for navigation thru the maze. Entry fees vary for each maze.
- Country Days Corn Maze, Indian Trail 9/28-10/7
- Regal Corn Maze, Statesville 9/15-10/7
- Get Lost Corn Maze, Albemarle 9/28-10/7
- Aw Shucks Farm, Monroe 9/14-10/7
- Rural Hill Corn Maze, Huntersville 9/7-10/7
- Patterson Farms, Mt. Ulla 9/15-10/7